
All morning it rained, and rained, and then it rained some more. Alas, after I completed chores that corresponded to the weather and my general meh-feeling (such as cleaning, doing laundry, paying bills), the sun came out, the temperature rose, and the Hubs and I decided to go for a looooong three-hour walk. The destination: my LYS (via the Hubs' hair salon, our fave bookstore, and Trader Joe's: to get my man a better haircut, find some good holiday reads, and replenish our wine [and butter] supply). Why the LYS? I was about to run out of purple Cascade 220, and since I'd like to finish my Fiddlehead hat before the first snowstorm (predicted for early December), I needed more. On the way to the LYS we ran into this prettiness:

Once I was at the LYS I confessed (first to myself, then to the staff) how much I really hated the socks I was knitting for my dad. How could I have ever thought that green, blue, and yellow would make an appealing sock color combination? In addition to color ugliness, I also realized that I had made some serious mistakes and accidentally picked up stitches at the turning point between needles. I often get my yarn twisted, but never before had I actually made new stitches that, at their base, create terrible holes. Suddenly I saw that Dad's sock had three such holes:

So, right then and there I decided to frog and start over again, this time with yummy Classic Elite Alpaca Sox:

On the way home we walked by this sign, advertising the services of the new emergency room of our local hospital:

Goodness! I hope that, once I have a problem that is serious enough to deserve ER treatment, I'll get medical attention within 24 hours! I'd better stay healthy...
No comments:
Post a Comment