I had anticipated NaBloPoMo to be a lot of fun, but for the last couple of days I've felt like I owe you, dear reader, an apology. There's neither enough knitting nor enough remotely French stuff going on here for the blog to deserve its name, however, I don't feel quite ready yet to quit NaBloPoMo. As is more universally true, things first need to get worse before they start looking up again, and I'm hereby preparing you for twitter-like blog-posts during the next few days of traveling to internet-free places. The up-side of that: I'll have time to knit! We're going on a four-hour car ride tomorrow (to NYC), and although one year ago this would have sounded like punishment for everyone involved (I'm a bad driver and a worse passenger), today this is filled with the promise of enjoyment: I'm looking forward to knitting during the ride and will do so quietly, without complaining, whining, sighing, or engaging in annoying activities. I'll be all Zen, for each and every one of the two-hundred-and-forty minutes.
And that's basically my grand plan for the rest of the week: I'll be calm and composed, and I'll enjoy everything. I graded for seven hours today before teaching for another five, and now my desk is clean, pristine, empty. Work's all done. I'm ready for this vacation. Au revoir, office!
No comments:
Post a Comment