Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lazy Day

The weather forecast for today announced a 100% chance of rain, and, indeed, it rained all day. We woke up to rain, and although we got up and puttered around the house in our usual Saturday morning fashion, the Hubs suddenly disappeared into the bedroom for a nap that lasted from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. I declared today a spa day and splish-splashed in a candle-lit bathroom, with hot tea and mystery novel at hand. (This sounds more idyllic than it was, since the weird acoustics in our house carry every noise our neighbors make right into our bathroom. And our neighbors usually fight on the weekend.)

It's been an altogether lazy day with lots of reading and knitting. No surprise, then, that I finished the first of the Fiddlehead linings and thus have completed one mitten.

IMG_3217


IMG_3122



Kidsilk Haze is an incredible yarn for the lining. It is so soft, so warm, so smooth, and... so delicious! Now I have fantasies of a Kidsilk Haze blanket, a robe, a pillow, a sleeping bag...

IMG_3226


I love the result. The pattern is just perfect, and then there's also this gratifying feeling of accomplishment: I feel a bit sheepish admitting this, but I'm amazed at myself for having made something so beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. They look great, and that love and pride in them will make them even warmer!

    ReplyDelete