Today's been a gorgeous day, the fifth in a row. Perfect bicycling/jogging weather. Since I had some important stuff to do (writing an exam, getting an article in shape for submission, and preparing a talk) I gave myself an ultimatum: There would be no leaving the desk before I had checked off two of my three to-dos. I got down to business at 7 am, and by the time I was done at 5 pm, it was stinkin' dark outside. I've been fuming all evening about having missed a nice day outside. (Especially since I still don't have buttons for Heron. My LYS is a lovely twenty-minute bike-ride from here. Pfff.) I really dislike myself on days I don't get out at all.
The silver lining: dark and cold evenings call for soup, and I love both making and eating soup. Since our weekly CSA box includes an increasingly large amount of potatoes, I've been experimenting with different potato soups. Lemme tell you, tonight's "French Country Potato Soup" was super. Last week's garlic & potato and parsley & potato and potato & kale soups weren't bad, but the French soup trumped them all. (Luckily, the Hubs likes potato soup, too. We just subscribed to the winter CSA share, and I predict many potato dishes for the future.)
Off I go! (Still working on #3 of today's to do items.)

No comments:
Post a Comment