Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mmm-hmm

The Hubs is back! I missed him very much, partly because conversations like these are so wonderfully entertaining:

Me: You like these?
Him: Mmm-hmm.
Me: For my dad?
Him: Mmm-hmm.
Me: Would you wear them?
Him: No.
Me: Why not?
Him: Because they're your dad's.
Me: But if they were for you, would you wear them?
Him: No.
Me: Why not?
Him: Maybe if I were in Germany.
Me: What?
Him: In Germany people wear funny things.
Me: What?
Him: You know, funny socks. Like, here people wear just plain socks.
Me: So, you'd wear them in Germany?
Him: Mmm-hmm.

What we were talking about? Socks for my dad that I started this evening:

IMG_3082


Plain vanilla socks: toe-up, st st all the way to produce the galaxy effect the yarn (Regia) is promising ("create Jupiter-style spirals and ellipses"). I'm using US #1 needles and increased to 74 stitches; I hope this will get the galaxy going!

Looking at the two toe-caps I'm reminded of the last time I knit two-socks-at-a-time and happened to do so on an airplane (this was in May): a woman walked up to me and asked if I were making a bikini. (!!!)

IMG_3091


I realized I completely missed the starting shot for Sock Knitters Anonymous's November Mystery Socks, a pattern by Star Athena cleverly called Miss Marple. How did that happen? I may have to run out tomorrow to get some sock yarn in contrasting colors... Why not learn how to do mosaic knitting right along with stranded knitting?

So much knitting, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment