

But now that I opened the duffel bag that the Hubs' mom left with me this evening before retiring to the B&B after an eventful day of traveling, I'm at a loss for words and can't possibly discuss holey (and now frogged) socks, a new sock project, and the status of the Fiddlehead hat. I don't actually know how and over what span of time she's been doing this, but it seems that my wonderful MIL has collected a lot (and I mean A LOT) of yarn for my stash. There's some French yarn from her trip to France, there's some Schaefer Yarns Martha, Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock, Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande Hand Dye, and something unlabeled that looks handspun and is incredibly soft. OMG! Also, she brought me an assortment of very pretty buttons! I wish I could call her at the B&B to thank her, but I'm afraid I'd wake her up... she was asleep the second we said our good-byes. I'll have to wait till tomorrow, when we meet again to see Harvard's glass flower collection. And until then I'll play with my new yarn... :)
(How we spent our first vacation day? Shopping! Photos will follow of the Hubs, who now owns two extremely cool, very professorial and grown-up looking jackets and three pairs of shoes that are not tennis shoes but made of leather. Hallelujah! It was amazing to see the Hubs crack under the pressure of his wife and his mother to go shopping for clothes that no longer say "grad student/math geek.")
And how fun that she didn't wait until Christmas to give you this thoughtful gift! What a gem!
ReplyDelete