
Men apparently don't do bright colors or stark contrasts. It's all a blur of grey-black-brown, with a hint of muddy green.* I'm so glad, then, that I rethought my yarn choice for Dad's socks and came up with grey-black-brown (sans muddy green). The socks in their present state:

Very small, but again: I'm going on a car ride and by tonight these puppies will be bigger. And eventually they'll be very manly socks, in manly colors with manly cables. Slightly unmanly: the alpaca, which is so very soft, cozy, and slightly fluffy. But since I believe that Dad is going to wear handknitted socks only on the living room sofa watching telly, that bit of snuggliness might actually be appreciated! (Plus, my father, who is one of those guys who rides his motorcycle through the desert and terms the experience 'vacation,' is surprisingly fashionable and into soft and comfortable fibers. When not in leather gear, why not wear alpaca socks?)
*Upon reading this, the Hubs commented that when hunting, one does not want to scare the animals away but sneak up on them. Therefore the camouflage. No contrast or bright colors. (Hunting? Hunting? HUNTING? Not while he's my Hubs.)
No comments:
Post a Comment