Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bus Ride

Farewell, Knitter's Review retreaters, and have a grand time this weekend in Williamstown, Mass.! Obviously I would have loved to go, but at the time of signing up I still anticipated November to be the busiest month this fall and decided I couldn't afford the time. Compared to October, November is turning out to be a walk in the park. *sigh*

But I have something else to look forward to: the Hubs's parents are arriving on Saturday to stay till Tuesday; then we are all going to New York City to spend Thanksgiving with my FIL's uncle and cousins. The cousins are the two wonderful ladies I consider my favorite aunts (genealogy isn't my strong suit) and for whom I made this and this. I'm very much looking forward to next week.

Want to see knitting progress? Here are the Fiddlehead hat and the Galaxy socks for dad:

IMG_3279


IMG_3289


I'm not riding the bike to work today but am taking the bus. This doesn't sound marvelously exciting, but since I hardly ever take the bus I'm actually looking forward to it. It gives me an extra hour of knitting time. (And why is it that a route that takes 35 minutes on the bike takes almost 60 minutes on the bus? I try not to think about it. [I have to take the bus today since I have a thing at night at the other end of town to which I can catch a ride with a co-worker. {It's funny how I feel compelled to explain myself for taking the bus. My bicyclist's pride just can't deal with bus dependence, I guess.}]) In any event: because of the bus ride I'm hoping to get a big chunk of sock done today. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment