Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Untitled (NaBloPoMo Day 4)

The Hubs didn't like being sick by himself, so he passed his cold/flu on to me. Please excuse my scratchy voice, runny nose, and teary eyes.

First, the big news: Fritz is here. That's a little baby boy, born this morning, son of two of my oldest friends. Seeing his picture made my day.

Second, the knitting news: in the photo below you see where I picked up stitches for Heron's sleeves. The right sleeve (bottom) is done. The left sleeve (top) isn't. The edges where I picked up stitches look so different--why, I wondered. The explanation: I picked up stitches for the right sleeve while facing the inside (or WS) of the cardigan. *sigh* Do I redo the left sleeve and declare the inside-out seam a design feature? Do I truck along with the left sleeve and then redo the entire right sleeve? Do I truck along and ignore the issue altogether?

IMG_2803


Third, the (sort of) French news: Tara Parker-Pope posted this photo in her recent article on slow marathon running, and I thought it was cute. (The article is also good; I myself am a slow jogger, so I totally buy her argument.) (The photo is by Avi Gerver, for The New York Times.)

NYTimes Marathon


Fourth, the entertainment news: Hubs was explaining the workings of a diving bell when he suddenly started giggling and called me a diving bell(e). The joke was lost on me (remember, I have a cold), until he made this little drawing. Please note the little bow I get to wear on my head:

IMG_2467


(Speaking of my head: I found white hairs #6 and #7 on my head this morning. Argh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment