Friday, November 6, 2009

FO: Heron

At last! I finished Norah Gaughan's Heron (from Berocco's Gaughan booklet #5; make sure to check the errata site).

IMG_2897


Specs: 2.5 skeins of Cascade Ecological Wool (ca. 630 g), needles #10 and #11 (as specified in the pattern), size 44 to fit a 42 chest.

Mods: 1. I adjusted the length and made the peplums 12" long (rather than 8"). 2. Back peplum: I stopped increasing after the fourth increase row, and I increased only every other time within each increase row. 3. I knit the sleeves last, and I knit them in the round.

IMG_2903


I loved this pattern! My favorite part about it: I always seemed so close to finishing. The fronts and body don't take much time at all, and then the piece already resembles a serious cardigan, which fooled me into thinking that the peplums would be a quick knit as well. The front peplums were, but the back was not. Once I was done pepluming, the arms promised to be a breeze. Alas, they weren't. Altogether, it took me three weeks to knit this puppy. I hope that washing and blocking won't turn it into a giant cardigan unsuitable for wearing... (like this one).

Just to give our mothers food for thought:

IMG_2874


Yes, this cardigan might be particularly useful one day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment