Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hat Ahoi!

I'm embarking on a new learning adventure. I love my mittens so very much I need a hat (and a scarf) that I can wear with them. And since there seems to be no Fiddlehead hat (at least not on Ravelry), I came up with the brilliant idea of designing one myself. Ha! Designing, however, is a bit of an exaggeration, since I'm merely trying to plug Hello Yarn's design into Charlene Schurch's Triple-Patterned Watch Cap pattern. I printed some knitting graph paper and spent a couple of hours tweaking the plan, then I spent another two hours casting on a 120-stitch i-cord. I'm hoping to get some real knitting time later tonight...

IMG_3276


But since the Hubs was such a trooper last night to pick up the slack and blog in my stead, I'm taking him to the movies first. He's been dying to watch the Coen brothers' A Serious Man, and that's what we're going to watch in about one hour. I better run to make it on time!

***
Several hours later... the movie was good! Although not at earth-shakingly fantastic as previous Coen brothers movies. But still good. Dinner afterwards at my favorite Jewish delicatessen Zaftig's: even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment