Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: Things I have to do before Christmas

When I saw this week's topic I thought, Great! All I have to do is publish my to-do list, which this morning still had 29 items on it. By cleaning the house today several things got checked off, but the list is still pretty long. Given the current situation in my home (sick Bean [still!] + water coming into the office), priorities have shifted, and I'm no longer hoping to wash the car or paint the staircase, but here are a few things I would like to get done:

1. Let the plumber in tomorrow morning and hope he can fix the problem. Otherwise we'll have six adults in the house over the weekend, with one working bathroom, which is in the basement.

2. Get a haircut. (It's gonna be short. Like, SHORT.)

3. Decorate the tree. But first get one!

4. Major grocery shopping. My mom is doing Christmas dinner but won't leave Germany until Friday. So she sent me a list of things I need to buy beforehand. Luckily she left off items difficult to get here (veal, goose, steak tartare). The remaining challenges are real mayonnaise, speck, and creme fraiche.

5. Wrap presents.

6. Wash towels and sheets, and make all beds. There's a weird German superstition (or perhaps just my mom's weird superstition) that washing towels and sheets between Christmas and New Year's means bad luck.

7. Knit four feet. Can't say more than that, since it's related to (yet another) Ravelry swap. :)

8. The chimney was swept today. Now all we need for a fire is wood!

9. Not exactly something I need to do, but something I would love to do: go to knit night this Thursday.

10. Blog every day! :)

Random photo of Conrad, to add cuteness to the blog:
IMG_9475.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Oh, cutie pie!! I never heard of the laundry superstition, but it wouldn't surprise me!

    ReplyDelete