Thursday, December 22, 2011

FO: Grey winter shawl

Oh gosh, it's been so long that I cast on for this shawl that I don't remember any of the details! The body is Evelyn A. Clark's Shallowtail Shawl, but I skipped the lace border and worked a garter stitch edge instead to make it a heavy, winter-y shawl (I'm copying this straight from my Rav project page).

IMG_9618.jpg


IMG_9581.jpg


IMG_9638.jpg


I had finished the body more than two years ago and added the border last summer, as we were getting ready to move. While packing I realized how many WIPs I had in my knitting basket (and several closet corners), and this shawl seemed to fastest to finish. It sure was easy, but, man, June isn't the month to knit with an alpaca blend!

I wore the shawl tonight for the first time--and I wore it to knit night at Blazing Needles! I had an awesome time. My in-laws got here yesterday but weren't offended that I left for the evening; I hope my parents will be as understanding next week, when I hope to go back again.

1 comment:

  1. I visited Blazing Needles a couple of times when I visited SLC, but not Knit Night -- I bet that's a blast!! Love your shawl and the "winter" treatment.

    ReplyDelete