Friday, December 9, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside

You're so right: I'm cheating. I changed the timestamp to Friday, but in truth it's already Saturday morning as I'm writing these lines. We collectively pooped out at eight last night, without having blogged or done the dishes. One week of daycare, and the three of us are sick. Conrad's got two green "worms" creeping out of his nostrils at all times so that even the "nose police" can't keep up wiping snot off his face (that's daycare lingo), and DH and I have a cold too.

Anyway. It's Saturday morning and super duper cold outside. It was in the high teens when I snapped this photo at 7:20 am:

Crisp morning.jpg


What you see is our backyard (the antlers? the "dude" trash can? Courtesy of the landlord's son, who's a pretty cool dude, so we kept his stuff), plus a hint of pink that greets us every morning. Yet one more thing I love about Salt Lake is the weather: we have had clear skies and sunny days almost the entire time we've been here. Very little rain, very little snow, very few gray days. I love the crisp, dry air. It's cold now, but by noon it'll be just another mild December day, perfect for a stroll through the neighborhood to watch people putting out Christmas lights. And what are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment