(a) wondering where his momma is
(b) afraid of other children
(c) crying his head off
(d) none of the above.
The correct answer is D.
I cannot believe it! Today's first experience of daycare went so über-well that I'm almost shell-shocked (in a good way, if that's possible). The moment I put Conrad on the floor he darted off to check out all the unfamiliar toys (tasty book, anyone?) and hang with the other babies. That's little Sam he's playing with; Conrad's way of introducing himself was to pull off Sam's socks. And why not.
I stayed for an hour, per recommendation, during which Conrad looked at me twice, then I left. His teacher called me, per my request, and reported that Conrad ate his food without putting up a struggle (huh?) and went down for a nap without putting up a struggle (and again: huh?). When I picked him up three hours later he crawled over to say hi, then turned around to squeal in unison with his new pal Lily. I think I could have left the room again and he would not have noticed. My little hero didn't shed a single tear all day long, and neither did I.
And now it's time to thank you. You gals rock. Thank you so much for your comments and emails.
Vicki, by the time I read that you were on your way to Salt Lake City you had already left again. I hope you'll come back and that I'll be at the retreat next time around (I know some retreaters through the amazing knitting group at the amazing LYS Blazing Needles).
A-L, CongratulationsCongratulationsCongratulations! A January baby!! You're almost there, so be well, the two of you!
Meeries, vielen Dank für die lieben Grüße!
Oh, that's just fantastic!! I'm so glad Conrad's first day (and yours) went so well.
ReplyDeleteBlazing Needles... I visited TWICE during my short time in SLC! ; )