Lana Holden would have won Elinor's Sock Design Contest if she hadn't published her Skew design already in the winter issue of Knitty. Skew is awesome. Like, Shut! Up! awesome. (I've heard this phrase on campus recently.)
Finally I finished my second Skew sock. (I also had to redo the upper leg of the first one, to make it longer.) It wasn't exactly a case of Second Sock Syndrome; it was an ugligan urgency that led me astray. But here it is, the finished pair:
The construction is just awesome awesome awesome. And I won't shut up about it! Awesome.
And so is the yarn. Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino, gifted by my MIL, is awesome. (My MIL, by the way, is awesome, too.) Because of these large feet of mine two skeins wouldn't have been enough, so I used the solid Koigu Premium Merino for the toe and short row/cuff section, and the gorgeously painted Palette for the main sock.
I modified the pattern to fit my feet; Lana has great tips on her blog to make Skew larger, and I listed the exact mods on my Rav project page.
And now off to finishing another WIP!




No comments:
Post a Comment