Happy International Women's Day! In my family we used to celebrate it by giving mom a break from housework; we kids did all the cleaning and cooking for a day (big deal, I know), and my dad took her out for the evening. Due to Bob I haven't done a thing in our home in over a week, and since the Hubs has been doing everything by himself without as much as a complaint, he remarked this morning that for me it's been International Women's Week. I'm in a perfectly clean apartment with freshly laundered and ironed clothes, a week's worth of groceries in the fridge and fresh flowers on the table. Happy IWD to me, indeed.
Bob, btw, is on his way out. He packed his stuff, and although he isn't quite out of the door yet, I'm hopeful he's gonna be gone soon. I can stand up straight again and walk and stand, but sitting is still a big no-no. Taking the bus to work is a problem, as the constant switch between accelerating and breaking reallyreallyreally hurts my back. But I'm not ready yet to ride the bike. I'm doing water gymnastics and underwater walking, and if I continue with this regimen I should be back in the saddle by the end of the week. I hope.
Since knitting is possible again, I finished the first Skew sock:
Because I feared that I'd run out of yarn I added a second colorway for toes and cuffs. But then I really liked the stripey stuff, so I used the plain grey for the toes only.
(Well, yeah, I still have to weave in ends.)
Before starting with the second Skew I couldn't resist but try out the yarn and pattern my mom got me for my birthday:
It's a summery cardigan made from organic cotton. The yarn's Lana Grossa Linea Pura Taglia, and the design is in the current Lana Grossa Linea Pura pattern book.
And that's all I know!*
*This is what my FIL says when he wants to end a phone conversation but can't find an elegant way to do so.




ha... i am giggling on the "that's all i know!"
ReplyDeletei have heard that before, too. (maybe even used it a few times) :)
LOVE that summer cardi!!!
I love those socks! Thanks for linking to the pattern, I don't think I even noticed it the first time I saw it but after seeing your version, it went right onto my queue!
ReplyDelete