Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kim and Dale

By 7 pm, when I returned home last night, the temperature was still a whooping 89 degrees. The high had been 90! That just as a post scriptum to yesterday's post.

On to something else.

I stopped by my LYS last night (BTW: my LYS has its own Ravelry group, at last. Check it out!) to see if the new Kim Hargreaves book Misty was already in. Because I reallyreallyreally want to make this:

1jess.jpg


Jess is a waistcoat made with Rowan Lenpur Linen, and me like it very much. (This is the first time I uttered "waistcoat" and "like" in one sentence. I'm usually not the vest-y type.)

Upon closer inspection I'm also liking Sage and Chalk.

1sage.jpg


1chalk.jpg


Truth to be told, I like everything in Misty. (Funny. Last summer I felt very meh about cotton and linen and summer knits in general.)

So, anyway, to the store I bike, just to find out that Misty hasn't been released in the US yet. It makes me want to order it from the U.K., but perhaps I should practice patience and simply wait a couple more weeks. Or perhaps I should just order it. (Especially since 16 pounds sounds harmless compared to 34 dollars. Ignorance [of currency conversion] is bliss!)

I did buy something else, something I need for a secret knitting project:

IMG_7479


Three skeins of Dalegarn Heilo--what do you think it will become?

1 comment: