Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Eighty-Four

And I don't mean Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. Oh no. I'm talking about the weather. It's going to be hot today! 84 degrees: that's 28 degrees in Celsius. Now, while this excites me to no end, I can't help myself but also ask a couple of complainy questions: Where the heck is spring? What happened to it? Why did it snow a week and a half ago (just a couple of big fluffy wet snowflakes that melted before they hit the ground. Still. Snow it was), and now everyone's running around in shorts? These are rhetorical questions. I've heard of global warming. And I wish other people had too, so that we could do something about it, quickly.

Break is over, it's back to school today. And while my back is still aching I'm riding the bike. Taking the bus in this weather seems plain wrong. We went on a bike trip all across town over the weekend, and riding the bike seemed to do my body good. Off I go!

(No photos today. The cardigan is knit but needs sewing. Since we're talking five pieces I'm postponing finishing until the weekend.)



No comments:

Post a Comment