I thought I'd go on a nice long walk along the river. 6.5 miles of river walk, between my neighborhood and that of my office. It sounded so wonderful. I needed to go to the office anyway, and the sun was shining, and it was in the mid-50s. Perfect, really.
The fool I am, however, I forgot that *flooding*, of which we heard a lot the past couple of days, means that rivers rise. And that they flood things. Such as sidewalks. And river walks.
By the time I decided that I needed an alternative route to the office my phone's battery had died. No GPS, no frantic phone call to Hubs, no idea where to go. It was me and the water. I didn't want to turn around, so I walked through first shrub, then people's back yards until I hit a road, and then I just walked that road until I started recognizing landmarks. I felt a complete fool.


No comments:
Post a Comment