Monday, June 29, 2009

Good News... and Bad News

Bad news first:
Don't ever entrust me with your camera, because there's a good chance I'll break it. Ugh. It's been two months, and I've broken both our cameras. Number one was an old school, rather large, unpretentious Canon digital camera, which I bought a couple of years ago after I had broken (!) a very nice, very posh, very fancy teeny tiny Canon. Number two belonged belongs to Monsieur; he was kind enough to lend it to me after I had massacred number one. Wanting to take pictures of an FO tonight, I noticed number two must have died since our last play date (Sunday?): it no longer worked. This is inexplicable to me; I neither dropped either camera nor did I harm them in any other way. Now I'm camera-less, which breaks my heart ever so slightly. *sigh*

Good news:
I finished the Basalt Tank. Given the bad news (see above), I wasn't able to take pictures of it other than with the iPhone and the laptop camera, and the quality is rather... poor (it doesn't help that I'm sticking out my tush and have post-swimming hair):

Basalt Tank


Basalt Tank


Basalt Tank


These are pictures of the pre-washed tank; in the meantime, the top has gotten its bath and is currently drying. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing tragic will happen to its size. I like it as it is!

I post specs on the blog and/or Ravelry once I've coped with the loss of the camera (and have gotten some sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment