Things I Did:
1. Walk the volcanoes at Petroglyph National Monument, Albuquerque
2. Take photos of cacti, lizards, and chili peppers
3. Learn how Santa Clara Pueblo pottery is made
4. Found the way out of a labyrinth at Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu
5. Had brunch with friend of Hubs' who now lives in Santa Fe
Things I Saw:
1. Georgia O'Keeffe's home and studio in Abiquiu, and the O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe
2. The turquoise trail
3. Stunning basketry at the exhibition Intertwined (New Mexico Museum of Art, Santa Fe)
4. Genius portrait painter Nicolai Fechin's house in Taos
5. Petroglyphs at Puye Cliff Dwellings
Things I Ate:
1. Tamales Napoleon Cake at Abiquiu Inn
2. Gnocchi with oyster mushrooms at the Inn of the Anasazi in Santa Fe
3. Hazelnut meringue at Café Paris in Santa Fe
4. Risotto at The Steakout Grill and Bar in Taos
5. What surely must have been the world's largest vanilla malt at Diner 66 in Albuquerque
For pictures of the trip, visit here!
No comments:
Post a Comment