Friday, June 12, 2009

Today's Count: #11.571

I'm done! Here is my Clapotis, knit with Fleece Artist Sea Wool (in Aurora):

Clapotis (edit)


Clapotis


Clapotis


I made it slightly larger to use up both skeins I had (I did one extra repeat in the increase section, and a total of 17 repeats in the straight section). Knitting the Clapotis was slightly boring, but I like the result. And I loved the fact that it required just two cast-on stitches. (Casting on hundreds of stitches: so not my thing!) Oh--and did I mention how much I like the colorway? As for the yarn... it does feel funny at first, almost oily, but I'm hoping that it will be nicer to the touch once I've washed it.

What else to say? Should I admit that I wanted to make Clapotis because its designer, Kate Gilbert, lives in Paris and mentions in the pattern description something about "French women" and "French scarves"? I know this is totally and utterly and absolutely ridiculous, but hey! what else was I supposed to do? (I'm also partially blaming Clara, who reviewed Sea Wool and mentioned how perfect it would be for knitting Clapotis.)

Hubs brought flowers back home today; Gerbs are my very favorite, and I want to share:

Gerbs


Have a very lovely weekend, everyone. If you're at the TNNA: have fun!!

PS: Can you believe the Clapotis count has gone up by 19 in just two days? That's serious Clapotilitis, five years after the pattern came out!

1 comment:

  1. I believe Clapotis' fame is partly due to very clever introduction in knitty with all that "french women" ...etc.. But to be fair - it has become a staple in my wardrobe, mainly because it is so simple and truly seems to go with everything.
    Hope you enjoy yours ! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete