Thursday, June 18, 2009

Black on Black

Just last week I complained about the cold weather and the A/C in the library. The weather and library gods got together over a beer, discussed the situation, and decided to punish me with a Cold! In! June! Started with sore throat, grew into full-blown nastiness. I'm actually staying home today and work from here. (People at the library gave me the evil eye yesterday 'cause I didn't stop coughing. Sorry, peeps.)

Anyway. Yes. There's been knitting. There's been speedy speed knitting. There's been knitting a jumper in just four evenings. Thanks to Black Dog Knits and her design of the Black on Black layering piece, I made this little sweater in no time:

Black on Black


Big needles, three skeins of Cascade 220, a bit Garnstudio Glitter to spice things up: voilĂ ! I knitted the body and sleeves in the round and joined everything to knit the yoke, also in the round.

DSCF2006


All those knit stitches and the instant gratification of this project have helped me to recover from the Icarus-induced lace knitting trauma. Now I'm ready to move on to more complicated knitting. Shall I return to my Basalt Tank, which has been snoozing in the knitting basket for a couple of weeks?

DSCF1958


PS: Those books in the background? Math books, all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment