

I'm making Grumperina's Jaywalker socks. The zig zag patterns adds some excitement to the otherwise not so exciting stripes:

Except for this little bit of sock, there hasn't been much knitting going on in the past week. I worked extra hours at the library to free up some time for next week, when my BFF will be visiting from London. I'm super excited she's coming! She, too, is currently writing her dissertation, and we have grand plans to work for at least two days--but who are we kidding? Seriously.
And look what I got in the mail:

Yes! That's the Perugino throw kit from Colinette. I've been admiring Glittrgirl's Perugino for a while, and then A-L blogged about her Perugino, and then... well... then my resistance went out the window. Following the advice of Colinette customer service, I ordered the kit from Cucumber Patch in the U.K., rather than a retailer in the U.S., which saved tons of money. To my utter disbelief, the yarn was here within two days. That's faster than mailing a letter from Boston to Waltham, which is a 30-minute bike ride away.
The yarn... so purrrrty....

Have a lovely weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment