Monday, August 31, 2009

Luxus Touch

That's the name of the sweater I'm knitting; the description mentions golden winter shine. I'm all for it!

IMG_0097


(Yes, you see right: that's a copy of the pattern, handed over by the owner of the Berlin LYS where my mom bought this yarn for me. Apparently, Germans don't take the copyright thing quite so seriously. I offered to buy the pattern book, but the store had run out of it. The owner argued that copying the pattern for free ought to be in the interest of the yarn manufacturer and pattern designer, since it helps with yarn sales. I wouldn't have asked to photocopy patterns, but I took the copy once it was offered.)

I love the yarn (Lana Grossa Chiara), and I love the pattern, and I love knitting the pattern with the yarn. Sounds like a match made in heaven, doesn't it?

So, what went wrong?

Well, I also love watching TV while knitting in the evening. Once Netflix came out with the long awaited second season of Mad Men, my attention was torn between watching my gauge and watching Joanie, Betty, and Peggy. Somehow the girls won. My gauge went all over the place. It shows:

IMG_0104


Somewhere in the middle. what started to be tight and pretty turned loose and ugly. I told myself, it's just the back, no one will notice. Well, Monsieur noticed. And then he gave unsolicited advice, somewhere along the lines of needing to undo at least one third of the sweater to make it "look right."

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment