
Hubs didn't like it, arguing that since Betty got mohair, her sister should get the same fuzziness (although while in the LYS, he liked the cotton... *sigh*). So we went out to buy another blue yarn, this time kid mohair, and I made this swatch:

Now it was me who didn't like the result (partly because it was TOO HOT to work with mohair), and I went back to experimenting with the cotton again. I thought: Orlane!

But somehow the shawl didn't live up to its big sister, my first Orlane, and I stopped after just a short while:

The texture just wasn't right. So, guess what: I pulled the mohair out again, trying different things, among them a basic leaf pattern:

The idea was to start with big needles, decrease them in size, and at the other end of the scarf increase again. So that I'd end up with a regular-width scarf with wide fluffy ends.
Well, I don't like my "design idea" anymore! For now I've abandoned the blue-scarf-for-Sylvie project, but only until I've found a good pattern. Any ideas for a mohair scarf or shawl, anyone? (Yes, I've searched Ravelry. Extensively. Obsessively. But I simply can't make up my mind when faced with hundreds of choices....)
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment