Thursday, August 13, 2009

Still Undecided

So, 'cause I loved that Hundertwasser stuff so much, I couldn't help myself but cast on for another project, a cutsy little scarf: Vyvyan Neel's Argosy.

Argosy


It's a quick and fun knit, and it's helping me to get over my blue-mohair-scarf project, which has been a disappointment because I can't make up my mind and decide on a pattern. Yes, last week I reported that Hubs and I had decided to go with Wisp, but eventually I admitted to myself that I felt really blah about this project too. My friend helped me find another pattern suited for the yarn, Kim Hargreaves' Trinket, and I started working on that:

Trinket


It's a lovely, lovely pattern. But knitting GGH Kid Melange on #2 needles will take a million years, and while a fellow-knitter may appreciate the ruffles within the scarf, the recipient might just think it's a boring stripy scarf and never wear it. On the other hand, this promises to be a really light, wonderfully soft scarf. I really don't know....

Trinket


So for now I'm sticking with Argosy!

Argosy

2 comments:

  1. Argosy looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing it when you're finished with it. (and btw. you doubted in your earlier post about the softness - or lack of it - of Opal hundertwasser. It gets much softer in use and with washes - one of my favourite sock yarns:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, A-L! I washed the socks once, and already they felt much nicer. I'm glad you told me that they get softer with time.

    ReplyDelete