
Yesssss! We've been rescued from the abyss that is cameralessness. Let me introduce you to our new baby: a Canon 450D (or "Rebel XSi," as it is called it the U.S.; stranger even its name in Japan: "Kiss X2"). We spent all weekend reading reviews (brilliant: Digital Photography Review) and eventually decided against the newest and latest of the entry level SLRs, the 500D/T1i (which comes with video) because the image quality of the 450D is (supposedly) better. Of course, I wouldn't have minded the 40D or even 50D (one giant step towards semi-professional toys), but since we're complete newbies to digital SLR photography, the 450D will be plenty good. :)
While without camera, we played with our iPhone cameras and discovered the most wonderful iPhone applications for photography! The pic above is taken with an iPhone and was "processed" by the app "Polarize," which turns any picture into a polaroid. Mighty nifty, I think. But you may already know all about it... I'm a bit slow in the iPhone app game. (Did I mention the Polarize app is free?)
Anywho.... Shall there ever be knitting in the future, you'll get to see pictures of it. This week, however, has been so completely crazy with teaching prep, dissertation work, and an unexpected translation job that I haven't had time to touch the needles. I have not knit since Sunday, which Hubs believes a record. (He's right.) As a matter of fact, I haven't even had time to play with my new toy yet. The weekend is near, is all I can say....
No comments:
Post a Comment