Friday, September 4, 2009

Denial

I'm in denial about the "Luxus" sweater and started a new yet another project to distract myself: I'm making a second Textured Shawl (design by Orlane), this one in linen and for my friend Emma.

IMG_0667


The yarn's completely weird; it's GGH's Safari Gold, which is a nylon/linen blend. It knits like string--the type of string used to secure a parcel, for instance. It's a very stringy yarn! It attracts dirt like crazy, but Emma lives in a spotless house, so I'm not worried about it. (Good thing I'm not keeping the shawl for myself; it would get dirty here in no time.)

IMG_0671


And by "weird" I'm not saying I don't like it... it's just different. And it's in a pretty green, a very light green that sometimes looks grey.

IMG_0675


I got the yarn in Germany at a sale; I bought three skeins for three euros. I hope three skeins is enough; if not, I'll finish the shawl with a grey border, since I have the same yarn in different colors.

Other than the second Orlane and no progress on Luxus... well, there's not much to report. The fall will be super-mega-extra-crazy busy. I thought that last spring was busy, but in retrospect, it was a breeze. Now the real craziness begins. I haven't been getting home before 8 pm, and since I usually collapse at around 10:30 pm, between making dinner and prepping for the next day and doing stuff around the house, I have about 30 minutes of knitting per evening. I'm not complaining, I'm just curbing your expectations for finished projects.

As for the long weekend ahead: well, I have to work. We opted out on the possibility to join friends for a weekend at the beach. Instead we will be entertaining tomorrow evening. Hubs invited a colleague of his, who's bringing his wife, and since Hubs planned the entire dinner menu already and is going to do most of the shopping this evening, I have little work to do. Apparently, I'm in charge of the salad and one side dish (recipe and ingredients for the latter will be provided; I don't even need to make a decision as to what veggie to prep). And Hubs asked me to make a peach cobbler. I tried one of the peaches he picked up at the Farmers' Market... and it was tasty! Yum yum.

On that note, enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment