
And in the afternoon I came home with that:

I went to my first Yankee Swap party! And because gift choices were limited to a five-dollar budget and because Whole Foods wasn't all that far, tasty edibles in tiny jars were the gift du jour. My fancy dipping sauce changed hands for a posh herb mix. I was asked why I hadn't knit something for my swap contribution. Well... I realized just last night that the Yankee Swap would go down today, and although that would have been plenty of time to knit an iPhone sock, I simply felt overwhelmed by the task and thus stuck with the safe choice, the dip. I have an invitation for another Yankee Swap that comes with a one-dollar challenge; perhaps I'll knit a gadget sock for that (plenty of free patterns on Ravelry...).
Speaking of gadgets. For the umpteenth time I voiced my discontent over the lighting situation in our apartment. While I didn't aim my complaints at anyone in particular but yelled at the walls more generally, the Hubs, bless his heart, suggested I use a headlamp when knitting in the evening (dark outside + black yarn + tiny needles = unhappy eyes). A headlamp? Sure thing, a camping headlamp! He then proudly produced an elastic band with a light on one end (a gadget that supposedly I myself gave him a year or so ago: I have no memory of this), plopped the thing onto my head, turned on the light, and voilĂ , finishing my Dad's socks was a breeze...

(The state of my desk is alarming [oink oink]. Pay no attention!).
In any event, the socks are done! They are drying right now... Since these are large men socks (for my hobbit father: not very tall but with large hairy feet) and I have but medium sock blockers, they look kinda funny... I'll have better pictures tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment