it was to knit a X-mas gift for a friend of ours whom we're meeting for dinner and drinks tonight. Since the idea came only on Monday, I decided on something small, and after stash-diving and Ravelry-browsing I matched two skeins of Di.vé Autunno with Emily Kausalik's A Noble Cowl. Entirely wrong weight/needle size/gauge, but what does it matter for a cowl...? I simply cut out two pattern repeats, casting on 90 instead of 120 stitches. This made the cowl more snug, but it also guaranteed that I didn't run out of yarn and--most importantly--it cut down knitting time.
The result:
I hope she likes it...?! (If so, you'll hear about it here. If not, I shall not mention it.)
PS: I quite enjoyed this article in the NYT (on the return of well-dressed men), and of the fashion blogs it mentions, this one is entertaining. I sent the article to the Hubs but have not yet received a response...


No comments:
Post a Comment