Saturday, December 5, 2009

'Cause I Was Asking for it

Snow! Finally it's snowing! And the snow appears to be sticking, too. You know, after I complained about yesterday's unseasonally warm weather I really freaked this morning when the Hubs' parents called to report that it was snowing in Mississippi. But now that we have gotten a few flakes up here as well the world seems to be back in order.

IMG_4246


IMG_4213


I hadn't even noticed that Boston put out snowflake lights over Thanksgiving. It took looking through a viewfinder to see them.

What we did today? Lounge around for the most part. I made it to the post office just five minutes before closing to mail my Dad's socks. (Yes, can't help but post another picture. I'll keep it small, though:)

IMG_4199


Now I just finished polishing those shoes Nikolaus hopefully fills tonight:

IMG_4238


When preparing to explain the meaning of Nikolaus to my students the other day I came across the information that typically one puts only one boot outside the door to avoid appearing greedy. Well, where I grew up we put out the set of boots, sometimes even adding a third shoe, just to make sure Nikolaus knew at which door to stop. At any rate, I modestly put the boots away but left the pair of clogs right by our entrance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment