Monsieur's verdict: Like! He's worn the hat all day and reported back that it didn't itch one bit (this apparently had been a fear of his that was entirely unbeknownst to me), that it fit comfortably underneath his bike helmet, and he very much liked the color, since it went so well with his coat. (Humph.)
(Specs: pattern link see above; 0.8 hanks of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in manly gray-black; US #7 needles; nil mods.)
Knitting the hat was about as exciting as watching the snow outside our bedroom window...
...and seeing the sun set behind Boston College:



(Pretty exciting.)
And today, you ask? Today the sunshine tricked me into mounting my bike to go to the gym and to do some last-minute Christmas shopping. While the gym and the shopping both went just dandy, the whole biking enterprise is getting not just uncomfortable but also dangerous. Snow plus strong winds plus just a tad of ice plus reckless college kid drivers plus complete darkness by 5 pm: CRAZY bike riding conditions. I hereby announce the end of this year's bike season. Tomorrow I'll stay home and...




What a handsome hat model you have! Where did you find him?
ReplyDeleteI like that hat! decreases at top look good - and lets face it - guys (for some reason) seem to like grey. I can totally see my DH wearing that hat as well.
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to snow - well - it's been snowing now for 3 days (fortunately not that hard! ) and we have apporx 60cm of snow. It is going to be a White Joulu! Lovely:-) !!
Happy Xmas to you and your family!
Hi Melanie!
ReplyDeleteLove the hat.
Your knitting, your blog, your pictures....you are amazing!
Send me an e-mail...I think my (snail-mail) address for you is outdated!
Sandra
P.S. I agree with the "anonymous" comment about the wonderful hat model you have :-)