Why did I start another hat without first finishing the Fiddlehead Hat? Ahem... that's a sore topic; let's skip this question. (Let's just say: I wasn't quite ready to come up with my own hat pattern and, more significantly, size it correctly. My hat dilemma is probably something for another blog post; for now, I'd like to let the issue rest...). Laura Irwin's Sideways Grande Cloche is so darn cute, why not make it? Thanks to my MIL's generous fiber gifts, I had a couple of Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande skeins peeking out of the stash corner, politely but firmly requesting to become said Cloche.
After just two days of knitting a row here and there, I've been wearing my new hat all evening (it is, after all, rather cold in our apartment).
The hat looks even cuter now that I have properly attached the strands to it: I may have to convince the Hubs tomorrow morning to volunteer to take a daylight picture of moi plus completely finished cloche.


No comments:
Post a Comment