Monday, January 24, 2011

Gifts!

Two updates, since I'm sure y'all are dying to know:
1. The Bean's EDD (estimated date of delivery) came and went--and nothing! (Which is quite common for first-timers, and except for the grandmothers in spe everyone's calm around here.)
2. I haven't made up my mind yet regarding the lace scarf, mainly because I'm still working on this itty bitty baby cardigan (more about that in a future post).

In lieu of grander news I thought I'd post some photos of gifts handcrafted for the Bean by other fibery folks.

Let's start with these adorable little fish booties that Minh made, which go very well with the summer-y fish onesie she gave us. (And, at least thematically, with the whale-shaped bathtub her husband sent.)

Booties from Minh


My husband's colleague's wife doesn't see us very often because she lives in California, but we like to go out for dinner whenever she's in town. I was super surprised when her present arrived:

Korana's Blanket


Usually I'm not crazy about things crocheted, but I really love this blanket! I like it better than the one I made for the Bean, which is why hers is in the crib and mine in a drawer.

Korana's Blanket


And finally, a couple of knitted goodies made by another pregnant knitter whom I met on Ravelry:

Rav Jan11 Swap


I have to ask her which yarn she used for the hat--it's heavenly soft! She also sent a gift for "mommy," a perfect little pouch that I've been using daily to keep my knitting tools organized:

Rav Jan11 Swap


In return I made this for my swap partner:

IMG_1222


IMG_1227


That's the only project for which I know the specs. It's the Knit Picks Little Bubbles Baby Set (sans booties), knitted with Knit Picks Simply Cotton Sport yarn. The knitting was a lot of fun, but weaving in the ends drove me bonkers (the hat alone had 46 ends, the cardi a few more).

And now I shall return to my current project and finish it. (I'm really close. But I've been really close twice before.)

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely gifts! I hope you get "into action" soon enough... Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby blanket is stunning! Do you know what pattern she used? Did she crochet it in strips and then sew it together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17th stitch.... I have to ask her. I can't figure it out by just looking at the blanket. I'll get back to you!

    ReplyDelete