Friday, July 2, 2010

Berloxyork: May in a Minute

Without further ado, here are those long overdue photos of my trip to Berlin, Oxford, and York!

1. Berlin. Fabulous conference that kept me incredibly busy. I only got to see a couple of museums...

a) Pergamon Museum
IMG_7855 copy


b) Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (aka Holocaust Memorial)
IMG_7915 copy


c) The brand new info center Topography of Terror
IMG_7961 copy


d) An exhibition of works by recent graduates of a textile institute the name of which I have forgotten. Preserved yarn, that's what I went to see:
IMG_7978 copy


2. Oxford. Impressive place. Would sell an arm and a leg to go on sabbatical there and spend a year at Bodleian Library...

IMG_0584 copy


IMG_0625 copy


IMG_8169 copy


3. York. We went to my BFF's wedding, and it was magical! Friends of ours brought their four-months old baby girl. My attention was divided between the bride and the baby. The famous York minster? We saw it from the outside.

IMG_8636 copy copy


IMG_8854 copy


VoilĂ . That was May in a minute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment