Friday, July 16, 2010

Baby Surprise!

Guys Gals, you are awesome! Thanks so much for encouraging me to keep spinning... I'll do my best--as soon as it cools off around here.

In the meantime I proudly present a FO, Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket, made of wool, not cotton, because I take EZ's advice to heart (cf. her intro to "Some Babies' Things" in Knitter's Almanac). First the obligatory before-origami-moment shot:

IMG_9276


Next a post-surgery shot:

IMG_9321


And a close-up shot, since garter stitch is so pretty:

IMG_9343


The BSJ really is an adorable little thing. I opted for an assymmetrical front, as knitted by Ysolda (instructions here). I meant to knit the jacket in a newborn size, but my choice of yarn--delicious Madelinetosh Tosh DK, which isn't a proper DK weight but tends towards worsted--resulted in a bigger jacket. It sure is too big for Georgie, the family monkey:

IMG_9369


Fortunately it's not Georgie for whom the jacket is intended. Now you may ask, which cutie is gonna wear this super soft, super cuddly, super pretty cardigan? Are you asking yet? Well, I'll let you guess!(!!) More later... :)

2 comments:

  1. That's an adorable jacket. And you are a big tease!!!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I will have to try that one. When are you coming back to Boston? :)

    ReplyDelete