Did you too get an email from Knit Picks on July 1 that advertised a "Baltic Lace Kit"? A beautiful, beautiful lace shawl with all the whistles and bells but at a super duper low price? I fell in love instantaneously, but since I tend to brood over potential purchases for at least a week before making them (call it cost-benefit analysis: I first need to silently contemplate what's already in the stash and, if item still has my attention and wants to be purchased, I mull over the idea loudly in the presence of the Hubs, and, if there's no veto from that end, I sleep over the whole issue for a couple of nights, and, if I still remember that there's something I want, I go ahead and make the purchase), the Baltic Lace Kit had disappeared out of my cart when I went to Knit Picks today to hit the BUY button. Where once there was a Baltic Lace Kit (like, one week ago), none was today.
So I talked to Jasmine at Customer Service, and she said the kit was so incredibly popular it sold out within days. Zut alors !
I can't even show you a picture of the beauty: the link in aforementioned email no longer works.
(And this after yesterday's disappointment that Espania kicked some German booty and made it into the World Cup final, whereas Jogi's boys will play for third place only. Buäääh!!!)
Oh--and have I mentioned it's 103 degrees (39.5 C) in update New York and our summer sublet is not air-conditioned and even the library--usually an ice-box--is beginning to get hot?
*headdesk*
Wow, that's crazy. (All of it!)
ReplyDeleteIt's been hot & humid here, too, though not quite as bad as there... wishing we all get a little relief soon!