Friday, January 29, 2010

Wishful Thinking

I got carried away shaping the waist, and created a cardigan for a tall, skinny woman:

IMG_5966


I'm tall alright, alas, not skinny. When I tried on the cardi, I was able to close the front only after some stretching. Not much stretching, just a little, and I'd probably get away with blocking the body into a wider shape (that's the cardigan's body, not mine. Mine I'd throw into the dryer and shrink a bit, if I could). But I'm not sure I still want a body-hugging cardigan. (The Hubs liked it: he mentioned "tight" and "chest" [he used another word] and... and you know what he was talking about.) I could wear it as is if I left the front open and wore a belt around the waist:

IMG_5968


But that's cheating, isn't?

So far I've used just 4 of 12 skeins, and I could turn this into a large, tunic-length cardigan. I think I'll rip back to under the arms and start over, sans waist-shaping. I'll mull over my design choices before doing something radical.

We're traveling this weekend to be with my husband's family (you know why). We'll be in a rental car for many hours, and I'm taking two very beloved skeins of Noro Iro with me for comfort knitting.

IMG_5977


With just 240 meters of bulky yarn my options are limited, and I think I'll make a lengthwise garter stitch scarf. Or a giant cowl? Something to wrap around my neck and show off at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment