Thursday, July 9, 2009

Grace

While searching for the perfect project for one skein of Fleece Artist Cashlana (10% cashmere; here in colorway Fleur), I stumbled across the very pretty Cinnamon Grace pattern. Once I had started the project, however, I noticed that although the yardage and the needle size were perfect matches, my gauge was completely off. I then realized that my Cashlana was only half the weight of the yarn used in the pattern! I ignored the minor headache all of this gave me and trucked along: instead of increasing to 29 stitches I had to double the amount of stitches to get a width of 7 inches, and as result, the straight part (neither increase nor decrease), which in the pattern measures 17 inches, is very short in my Grace scarf (since it took so many extra rows to first increase and then decrease). I didn't have enough yarn for the full ruffle but had to bind off after just three pattern repeats; there was no yarn left for the oh-so-lovely picot edging. The result is still pretty:

DSCF2289


DSCF2268


DSCF2300


I looooooove the yarn! But to my utter disbelief, Fleece Artist discontinued Cashlana just recently. So unfair: to find a wonderful yarn and then realize that this was the last bit of it.

DSCF2221


DSCF2291


I still need to wash the scarf and block it. Not my favorite part of knitting.

PS: Betty received the feather and fan "scole" and apparently likes it a lot. Hooray! Makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment