Friday, July 10, 2009

Berlin Knits

Next Monday Monsieur and I are off on a ten-day trip to Berlin. He's attending a conference (again), and I'll be going to the archives (again). I doubt I'll have much time for knitting; after all, it's my childhood home, and I'll be visiting my family and enjoy the Biergarten and Tiergarten culture that makes this such a great city in the summer. While I expect to be busy in Berlin, I've been thinking about knitting projects to take along on the plane. Here's what I have in mind:

Remember this sock?

Jaywalker Socks


Since I messed up the heel (I turned too early), I had to rip, and once I started ripping I thought to myself, 'What the heck? This is fun!', and undid the whole thing. I had made a mistake early on, a mistake absolutely invisible to anyone but myself, but since I knew it was there, I was bothered by it. So... my first Jaywalker has been reduced to nothing, and I'm starting over again:

DSCF2341


That's project number one. Anticipating another mishap with this sock project (I think I cast on with this yarn 16 different times already), I'll also bring this along:

DSCF2324


It's Orlane's Textured Shawl, a finished version of which I saw in Sean's Woolcott and Company store last week, where I purchased the same yarn he had used. (Beautiful samples here and here.)

DSCF2311


It's my first cotton yarn, and I love it! It's very, very soft, and because Sean's shawl had the perfect drape, I'm hoping to be just as lucky.

DSCF2330


Lastly, for your viewing pleasure (although those flowers look a bit sad):

DSCF2344


PS: My Hubs--ever so cute. He checked my Ravelry page and realized that the scarf I made him has received more hearts than any other of my projects. His delighted response: "I was given the most popular thing!!!" (Thing?!?)

2 comments:

  1. Have fun in Berlin, also my birthtown. I love the Tiergarten. We used to live close by and cycled through it a lot when the kids were small. Such a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete