Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yet Another Gift

This one from my FIL, also out of the blue:

IMG_6091

It's Artyarns' Mohair Splash, a silk mohair blend with glass beads and sequins. It's perfect for a small luxurious shawl, but I need to let it marinate in the stash before deciding on a pattern. I'm thinking of something fairly simple; I don't want an intricate lace pattern to compete with an already decadent yarn. Maybe a mostly stst triangle with a small lace border?

Yes, I'm beginning to think "lace shawl" again. It's knitting giant sweaters while holding massive amounts of yarn in my lap that does this to me. That and Anne Hanson. Have you seen her latest design? Stunning. Anne hasn't released the pattern yet, but I'll be the first to get it once she does.

Oooooh! And I need to decide on a Knitting Olympics/Ravelympics project! First I thought to do something small or finish a WIP. Then I thought: that sweater my mom got me the yarn and pattern for, and which knits up on #13 needles (!). Next thought: lace. Following thought: maybe not lace. After all, I'm vacationing at the beach next week. Thought after that: I'm going to the beach, and it's happening next week already!! I won't get to watch the Olympics at all. Should I skip any olympic knitting? Subsequent thought: nay, I can totally knit while on the beach. Maybe not a sweater. Maybe something small. Most recent thought: boy, I'm running out of time and better make a decision quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment