Sunday, February 14, 2010

Slightly Behind Schedule

This weekend has brought many pleasant diversions that have kept me from giving my Olympic best, at least in the knitting department. The Hubs and I celebrated the Valentine's Day weekend with a private cooking Olympics: my Mousse au Chocolat won gold in the dessert category, and the gold medal in main course extravaganza went to the Hubs and his Boeuf Bourguignon. (We completely outdid ourselves. I'm still in awe. The mousse recipe is Julia Child's; the beef recipe is a Cook's Illustrated creation.)

With all the grocery shopping/cooking/eating/then napping/afterwards cleaning happening around the house I didn't spend nearly as much time knitting as anticipated. Still, I made progress: the sweater's body is one-third done, which doesn't mean much, though. I noticed that the enormous cowl-neck is as long and almost as wide as the body: I have a lot of mindless knitting ahead of me. I also started the socks. It takes a lot of concentration to get all the slipped stitches and cables right, and I'm no longer sure this is a good travel project. It's my first time using DPNs (that's the Olympic challenge), and four needles plus the working needle, plus a cable needle...: well, it's complicated.

I'm all packed and ready to go. Sunny Rainy Florida, here I come! :)

Oh... can't leave without a photo... here's one of a recent visitor, who was climbing up my jeans:

IMG_6330


No comments:

Post a Comment