Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh My Goodness, the Goodies!

I can't believe my luck! I clandestinely ordered a few little things while Hubs was still in the house, to be delivered after his departure to conferences in Utah, from that online mega book store that I wouldn't support if it didn't sell most knitting books 30% off (my apologies, favorite independent bookstore; I swear, I buy all non-knitting books at your place! Just last week Monsieur and I bought five books from your beautiful store, among them Elizabeth Strout's Olive Kitteridge, to be read and enjoyed on my New Mexico trip. Please, please excuse this little affair of mine with your competitor).

Unbelievable, but the mail man delivered the goodies already this morning! Three gorgeous knitting books. Which ones, you ask? Well, Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up (reviewed this week by Clara on Knitter's Review, as it so happens), Martha Waterman's Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls, and Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia. The excitement doesn't stop here, though, since the mail man also brought something from Oregon: the long awaited Sea Wool, along some Cashlana, both by Fleece Artist. I ordered the Sea Wool several weeks ago, inspired by Clara's review and her suggestion to use it for a Clapotis. Apparently I wasn't the only one to be inspired, since Colorsong Yarns sold out of Sea Wool quicker than I was able to hit the order button. But now it's here: Sea Wool in Aurora, and, as a little extra, Cashlana in Fleur (possibly for a Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf; here is a pretty one, knitted by Carol Ann).

Gorgeous? Gorgeous! Happy? Happy!

Fleece Artist


PS: This is a test if Monsieur reads my blog. If I don't get in trouble for making secret book purchases, he gets in trouble for not following my knitting blog. If I do get in trouble, I'll blame everything on the need to know if he reads the blog. Terrific plan? I say so. He's a scientist. He knows about the need to know and having to test things and the costs involved in testing said things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment