Sunday, April 19, 2009

Seashore Lace

Howdy! I said last week I'd cast on a new pair of socks with my Fleece Artist BFL sock yarn (in "Seashore"), and after two days of fiddling with different designs (using Ann Budds Getting Started Knitting Socks book) I happened to notice those gorgeous lace socks in the summer 2009 issue of Vogue... (design no. 29). Here's the first sock; I finished it this morning:

DSCF0979


Vogue Lace Socks


DSCF0975


DSCF0980


My gauge changed while knitting from seven stitches per inch to nine (and then back again), and as result the heel turned out tight. Since I have such large feet (size 10.5!) I'm worried I may run out of yarn. To prevent this from happening I repeated the pattern on the leg only three times (not four) and omitted the cute bow (which I imagine would look rather silly on my leg anyway).

Did I mention already that my fabulous husband ordered a copy of Cookie A's Sock Innovation for me? (It was so clever of me to put a link to my knitting book wishlist on the blog! Tee hee.)

Also noteworthy: I finally gave up on the Heartland Lace Shawl--but not for good! After not really loving it because of the sport weight yarn, and whining about it every night, my beloved took me to the yarn store today to pick a lace weight yarn. (Isn't he wonderful?) Here it is, J. Knits' Lace-A-Licious! in colorway Reno:

J. Knits (Reno)


Happy knitting!

(And good luck to all of those running the Boston marathon tomorrow. I hope the weather will turn out alright. I admire you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment