Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ithaca is Gorges

Folks, I have business to attend to! Tomorrow I'm returning to my (most recent) alma mater to present research-related stuff to my department (no need for details here). I went to I'm going to grad school in the very lovely city of Ithaca in upstate New York, famous for its water and wine. Apart from taking care of academic matters I'll be visiting my wonderful friend Basil who recently told me she's developed a new passion. Guess how thrilled I was when I learned that that's a passion for knitting! For the past week we've been fantasizing about our planned trip(s) to Ithaca's two yarn stores (one to be found here) and about knitting around her fireplace (while her husband, a chef, will cook delicious things for us. My hubby will--I don't know--help him in the kitchen? Keep the fire going?). Ah! Yes, I'm looking forward to trading the streets of Boston for the woods of Ithaca (Miss Basil happens to live in a forest, truly true and truly beautiful). À bientôt !

No comments:

Post a Comment