I must be crazy.
I received a little something in the mail. A book. A knitting book. About the history of knitting, sort of. With background stories of different knitting and design traditions.
That's why I wanted it. For the history. The background. To educate myself. Do a bit of reading. You know, background reading.
The book came with pictures. Gorgeous pictures. And patterns. Incredible patterns. And little tags, such as "master knitter." A warning?
It didn't keep me from getting out my stack of sticky notes. Then I started sticking sticky notes to patterns I liked.
I liked many.
Not only did I stick sticky notes to patterns I liked, I also added those pattern to my queue on Ravelry. For people to see what I intend to knit.
I figure if I knitted consistently for the next thirty years I may have a chance of becoming a "master knitter." Then I'd be able to knit a few of those patterns.
This would coincide with retirement.
In the meantime, I'm keeping to my lonely first sock and my almost completed knit & purl cardigan.
(PS: It's Nicky Epstein's Knitting on Top of the World.)
No comments:
Post a Comment