Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cardigan Angst

Yesterday I received my Ravelry invitation. While playing with the My Notebook features was quite fun, the discovery that people are disappointed by the Diminishing Rib Cardigan was not. I'm currently working on the DRC and was *so* excited to see the finished result, and now I fear I'll hate it. :( The main problem seems to be with the large armholes. I noticed that they're quite big but didn't dare mess with the design. I'm at the ribbed middle part and don't want to rip... It's rookie-excitement-over-finishing combined with rookie-fear-of-ripping that's keeping me going. I hope it's worth it?! Maybe my anatomy is different and I actually need arm holes that go down to the waist? I'm optimistic.

IMG_0003.jpg


(Yes, I still have the waste yarn in there that helped with the tubular CO. I'm afraid of removing it--what if the CO will magically undo itself?)

Except for cardigan angst, things are great: my hubby loves his scarf and, now that he is taking this knitting business seriously, offered to read to me out loud last night while I was knitting, as an alternative to watching telly (which, pre-knitting, I hardly ever did).

Oh--and I got a compliment for the Sculptured Lace Scarf on Ravelry: by the designer himself! That made me as happy as Clara's comment on my Diamonds and Pearls Shawl. Quite the confidence boost. :) (Here's another one: my father-in-law, who lives in the Deep South and has no need for a woolen scarf, likes the SLS so much he wants one too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment