Sunday, April 17, 2011

I don't like mashed potatoes, especially not in my head

I vow to never, ever dismiss someone who is complaining of having a cold with the thought, Dude, get over it, it's just a common cold. Because, dearies, I have a cold, and I feel close to death. Well. Perhaps I exaggerate. But I do feel pretty awful. Like my head is stuffed with mashed potatoes, and mashed potatoes are in my nose, my ears, my throat. Yuck. I don't like mashed potatoes, not even when in perfect health.

So, while I did finish the knitting part of the lace scarf, I haven't grafted the top edge to the body. Kitchener stitch and mashed potatoes simply don't make for a winning combination.

IMG_3414


I'm hoping for a better (knitting) day tomorrow.

Fortunately the Bean hasn't caught my cold and is as happy as a clam. Here's Conrad at 11 weeks:

IMG_3095

1 comment:

  1. Ugh: the cold

    Yum: the knitting and the Bean

    Also yum: mashed potatoes - although I concur; not when located in one's cranium.

    ReplyDelete